This week I wish that I had an extra copy of The Secret.
I loaned mine to a friend out of town and haven't gotten it back yet. Normally that would be fine but it's time for Jorge and I to get a fresh dose of positive thinking. See Jorge always thinks that his truck is going to be graffitied over the weekend. So what happens? Yup, it gets graffiti about once a month. It's not that big of a deal because a bottle of graffiti remover only costs a couple of dollars. But this week well, we found the truck had been vandalized. Apparently some kids with nothing better to do went out Saturday night shooting BB guns at cars and things around town. The sheriff said they hadn't caught them and probably wouldn't find them. So Monday morning he had to drive to work with no window and the crisp air keeping him awake then later had the window replaced.
And then there's me... Today my mom put Tre standing up in his crib holding onto the railing. He was getting daring and letting go of the edge with his hands but holding it with his elbows. I said to my mom, "you don't think he'll fall and roll back and bang his head on the other side of the crib?" And she says, "no, he'll just fall to sitting on his butt." And literally one second later, what does he do? yup... he falls on his butt, rolls back and bangs his head hard on the wood. I grabbed him right away and he didn't even cry, but I was sad.
So I wish we could both watch the secret to get some motivation and channel our energy in the right directions.


No comments:
Post a Comment