Friday I went to Target with Uncle Nicky and finally Tre was awake. The past many times that we've gone to the store and he's been old enough to sit in the cart, he's been asleep in the Ergo. So I was excited to put him in the cart. He held on tight the whole time and loved it. 

We attempted to leave Tre with his Abuelo and Abuela on Friday night to go see Grown-Ups. I had been looking forward to the release of the movie and date night for two weeks. So we dropped him off and got to the theater but before the previews were even over we got a call with a screaming crying baby in the background. She had tried everything to calm him down, milk, walking outside, etc. but he wasn't having it. So we had to leave the movie and go get him. I am glad though that she called. In the past when we pick him up after a date my mother-in-law always talked about how he cried so much. He NEVER cries with Lety or my mom. He only cries with her but I know that they need to have a relationship so I let them take care of Tre. Well I guess he's at that age stranger anxiety has kicked in and unfortunately even though they live 5 miles away, they kind of are strangers to him. So I'm going to try to get them together more this summer, which reminds me Jorge asked me to go to their house today... I should be there instead of here blogging.
So Saturday Lety came to clean the house and we were able to go to the movie and leave Tre with her. It was so funny. I'm glad we got to see it and enjoyed lots of good laughs. Then the rest of the day was pretty cuddly.
Then Sunday Jorge and I had a fun time dressing up our little boy doll. This dresser was in my parents nursery when my brother and I were born. That's why it's missing a few handles and I've looked into replacing them but am glad that I haven't. It's so neat that I played with the same handles when I was his age and am probably responsible for the broken ones. Perhaps I'll let him break a few then replace them when the furniture goes to my grand kids.
So the other day I posted that he's crawling. He's doing very well with it but doesn't go far. He doesn't like going far away. He only crawls enough to get to something that he can pull himself up on which in our house isn't very far. If he likes something, I'll put him a little further away from it so he'll have to crawl a little more to get to it. But instead, he'll wait, look around then turn and crawl to the closest thing he can pull up on. He just really prefers to be standing. Here he is with his new Moby Clutching Toy
. 
I love the sound it makes but am wishing that I had gotten this one instead. I think he's into balls.
So Jorge surprised us and bought him a Tre Chivas soccer ball to play with while we watched Mexico lose.
Then we went to my parents for dinner and it was Tre's first time at the dinner table. We ate some wild salmon that was to die for.
And this morning baby Tre figured out how to stand up to the entertainment center and pull all of Daddy's CDs to the floor. He loves the sound that plastic makes when it crunches or bangs together.
No comments:
Post a Comment