Sunday, July 17, 2011

St. George

This weekend we went to St. George to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday.  It was really wonderful getting together with everybody including my one and only aunt and uncle and cousin.  Literally I only have one of each and I hadn't seen them since my wedding three years ago.  And I hadn't seen my grandma in a year.
Thursday night Tre had to go to sleep while we were still making noise packing.  So he ended up asleep in this funny position.
 This is the view just before getting into town.
 Tre is all ready to see Great Grandma.
 Here are a few members of the family after dinner Friday night and Grandma's home.
 After breakfast Saturday morning Grandma came to our pool to watch her 8 great grandchildren swim.  It was really wonderful seeing her get around so much.  Last year when Jorge and I came to introduce Tre to her she was sick and did not leave her room the entire time we were there.  I was so happy she came out so many times.  We are planning to go back in April so that she can meet our new baby.

 Tre was exhausted and passed right out after a little tantrum at the pool.  Even though it was in the upper 90s he has a blanket on because he was throwing a fit and wouldn't let me get him dressed.  I barely managed a diaper!
 Then we went to Grandma's official birthday dinner but I didn't get any good pictures.  Natalie took a bunch so I look forward to seeing those.

Then on the drive home I finished knitting the only ball of yarn I brought with 4 hours left in the drive.  I wish  I had brought more entertainment.  This is baby blanket #2 of summer and is for Amalia if I have a girl.  If my baby is not a girl then I'll give her the blanket  I finished on the way up there and save this for somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment