So the plan throughout the pregnancy was for my mother in law to come over and watch Tre two days a week and for me to drop him off at my mom's 3 days a week. Unfortunately his mother isn't able to come over and is now our back up, emergency care provider. Instead we have Leti come up and stay with us 2 days a week while my mom still watches Tre 3 days a week. So the first two days were Leti's and it was wonderful. It was so easy to leave him knowing that he'll be taken care of and all of his needs will be met in my absence. He's got all the milk, toys, diapers, clothes, etc. that he needs right here at home. I left a schedule so she knows what to expect from him and she said he was right on it, waking at 9 and noon for his bottles. She said he didn't cry at all and sadly he was asleep when I got home. I wanted to wake him but also wanted to let him sleep. So I waited a half hour before nursing him in his sleep and falling asleep myself. Leti is so amazing, the house was spotless when I got home, even the fireplace was cleaned out! So that's how he did and back to me... I felt fine being away from him. I'm not the type of person that goes to work because they need adult interaction. I barely get any of that since I have 180 teenagers coming through my doors every day. I also didn't go back because I have to get away from my son. I love my son and I love my work so I get the best of both worlds. I'm gone exactly 8 hours a day and still have plenty of time with him when I get home.
I've heard that the students told others that it was a rude awakening when I returned because I'm so strict. Music to my ears :) I've confiscated 2 cell phones and made 5 phone calls home. I love the opportunity to teach children respect since many of their parents don't fulfill that responsibility at home as well of course to teach them the wonderful subject of life on earth.
Leti has gone home now until next Wednesday night and tomorrow will be Tre's first time spending the day at his Grammy's. I hope it goes as well as when he's home although it's more work packing him up.
I've heard that the students told others that it was a rude awakening when I returned because I'm so strict. Music to my ears :)
ReplyDelete^^^^ that is awesome! i love it!!!!