Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a new experiment

What is this?



Yup, that's right, homemade yogurt!
At first I was nervous about it but the result is great. I made 3 cups of mixed berry, 3 cups of honey yogurt, 2 cups of vanilla and 1/2 cup of plain for the next time. It was surprisingly easy and as long as I get an approval from my dear husband I will be making it again. I highly recommend for people who are frequent yogurt eaters to make this instead of buying yogurt. I paid $4.48 for 1/2 gallon of organic whole milk and the starter organic plain yogurt. which made 64oz of organic yogurt. If I bought that much prepared, it would be about $15.00


4 comments:

  1. awesome, i want you to teach me how to make it. The only thing you need is glass jars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so easy just follow the recipe in the link
    i do have lots of glass 2 cup containers but that's too much yogurt at once. i put them in 1 cup single servings for jorge to take to work... i'm still looking for glass 1 cup size containers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this blog. Thank you for the yogurt recipe. Making it in the crock pot seems so much easier!

    You say you are still looking for 1 cup glass containers? Have you tried Pyrex? I just got a set for Christmas and they work great. Just thought I'd mention it.

    ReplyDelete