Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Toys

It's been a while since I've written because there's not too much going on. Work is going great. I have the usual troubles with misbehaved students who have not been taught self control. I was worried about lesson plans and content but surprisingly everything has come back to me very quickly and lessons are going well.
I haven't been taking very many pictures. But here is our son at 14 weeks old.
The main reasons I haven't been blogging are because my home computer is 6 years old and slow, I don't want to lug my school laptop back and forth everyday since I already have to bring my pump, and my school network doesn't allow blogger until yesterday! All of a sudden it's not blocked by the district anymore... woo hoo! So I was going to write yesterday but then I discovered that craigslist is also not blocked! woo hoo again! I have never bought anything using craigslist but ended up spending most of the day as kids were doing individual work searching for a bouncer, bumbo and saucer. Unfortunately I'm the type of person that once I get something in my head, it has to be taken care of. So after work I took Leti to the border then went and bought Tre a bumbo and baby einstein jumper/activity center which is a lot for me to do in one afternoon. I was so excited to try them out and Tre did really well in the bumbo. But the jumper is another story... the instructions say to not use in on anybody over 30 inches tall or 25 pounds, under 4 months and babies must be able to sit upright. Well, as of his 3 month birthday he weighs 16 pounds 9 ounces and is 27 inches tall. So he's got 8 more pounds to grow and sitll fit in it but only 3 inches. He's definitely not 4 months yet or sitting on his own. Am I a bad mother for putting him in it even though he can't sit up? So perhaps I bought it a little soon but I want him to use it before he's too big. Next up... an exersaucer which I think he's old enough to use already.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Oh my gosh, Olivia needs more toys so she stops sucking on her blankie all day :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. after about 5 minutes in the jumper he leans his head down and shoves his hand in his mouth so it's not much of a deterant but he is starting to like it a little more.

    ReplyDelete