Sunday, February 7, 2010

Interesting Weekend

Friday my sister came down to visit and I finally practiced getting ready for work. I got to my mom's at 7am and here the kids are bright and early, Tre, Henry and Catherine.


So this weekend I was planning to lesson plan. I haven't put any effort into returning to work. Okay well maybe a little but not what is required to make me a good teacher. Priorities have shifted and all I care about is my son, my family and my paycheck. So I need to put some effort into getting that paycheck but I won't be teacher of the year anytime soon if ever. Becoming a mother has made me more relaxed and I'm going in with the attitude of impromptu teaching. As long as I can keep my 36 kids at a time in control and alive for their 55 minutes a day with me, I'll be happy and probably teach them a thing or two. I'm not going in with full lesson plans like I did in the first few years when I was trying new things, just a topic and textbook page number.
Back to the weekend...
Saturday morning I got up and started frying some bacon for breakfast at about 7am. Wanted an early start so I could get all of our laundry done and some school work. So in the kitchen, Jorge asks me if we have enough food for his dad. I'm in my pjs haven't taken a shower and say sure, because his mom's in Ensenada and not making food for his dad. I throw some clothes on and my father-in-law arrives 15 minutes later. We have a nice time eating and talking. Then the phone rings hearing it, I thought "oh shit, I have a hair appointment, what time is it?" The clock says 9 and my appointment is at 10. It's my friend calling, she's coming over to show me her 2010 Volkswagen cc. Okay so my FIL leaves right as my friend pulls up. We chat for a min then I wake the baby, feed him and am off the get my hair cut. About 3 weeks ago my hair started falling out. An unfortunate side effect of my son no longer being inside of me. When I came home from that we started cleaning up the house a little. Then went to costco in the afternoon. Five minutes after we get home, my parents come over for dinner, I had invited them. An hour later my brother comes over to pick something up and ends up staying with his friend to watch the ufc fights. We had a blast drinking beer and the guys having tequila shots too. It was my mom's first ufc experience and surprisingly she enjoyed it.
How crazy when I woke up I never thought my day would be so pleasantly full, even my hair appointment I had forgotten about. And of course no school work was done.
So today, we're organizing around the house, doing laundry and Jorge offers to take the baby to his parents so I can get some school work done. I say sure because Tre doesn't get to see his abuelos often enough. But before he went he asked for aguachile to make him feel better after the drinking last night. I had not ever made this before but didn't want him to go spend the $16 it costs for this dish at a restaurant so since I already had everything here I found a recipe and made it! The only difference is I didn't have cucumber so I put avocado around the plate instead.
And here I am, just me and my books. I've figured out what I'm doing for the next 4 weeks which is great but there's still so much to do in preparing for my first day back and I'm sitting here blogging...

No comments:

Post a Comment