This weekend we went on our first little vacation, just the 3 of us. We had been wanting to take Tre to meet my grandmother in St. George, Utah and finally were able to. Tre loved his Great-Grandma. He held her hand.
He played peek-a-boo wit her looking through the spaces on her walker.
And kept crawling over to her and standing next to her.
After a visit with her we drove back to Vegas where our room was. We had a 2 bedroom that slept 8 at the Marriott Grand Chateau but none of our friends and family were able to come with us. Tre enjoyed rolling his little ball all around the kitchen floor and crawling after it.
On the way to the room we went to Whole Foods. The Whole Foods in Vegas is AMAZING! I love it and wish ours here was as big and nice. We picked up Tre's first jarred baby food. I've always prepared everything he's eaten but didn't bring it with us and he's not old enough to eat what we ate. He loved his food. He kept opening up his mouth for more and ended up eating 3 full jars over the 3 days. I now understand why people use jarred food. It's so easy and I'm considering buying it and giving it to him more often.
Then Saturday we ventured out of our room. It was SO hot, over 100 degrees so we just kept going into the nearest building which from our room was the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood. So here we are shopping. The entire time we were there we saw one girl with a baby in a stretchy wrap and one baby on her dad's back in an Ergo. And I got lots of looks wearing him in my beautiful woven wrap. We brought our Ergo with us but never used it.
And yes, I'm still nursing. We left Friday morning at 2:30 hoping that Tre would sleep through the whole drive. Which of course he did like the little angel he is. And when we arrived he was all interested in his new surroundings and forgot about eating so I was suffering a little. It made me realize he doesn't really need the all night buffet, he's able to sleep for more than 3 hour stretches.

Then we went for another walk along the strip and watched the water show a couple times. Tre was very interested in it and wouldn't take his eyes off of it.
We went into Paris and got a drink to share.
And Sunday we went to my Grandma's again. Tre watched almost the entire length of the long hallway to her room.
He stood up a lot on his own at her place but unfortunately we didn't get pictures. Here we are on our way down from our room for another walk. I didn't like the elevator at all. We were on the 26th floor and every time it made me dizzy.
No comments:
Post a Comment