Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

As usual we had a great 4th of July celebration at my parents house.  My sister took pictures but of course I didn't so I'll see if I can get some to share.  We played ping pong, soccer, and later wii.  So we had a great time playing around with all the nephews while I wore Tre in the EllaBellyCLICK!  Papa made us buffalo burgers since Tre and I can't eat beef.  And I made a blackberry wine bundt cake.  We are big on dessert and my sister tends to make a "better than sex cake" every time we get together lately.  But of course I can't eat it with the milk in the pudding and cake and of course the whipped cream topping.  So I took a recipe I found and modified it to my diet.  I don't use boxed cake mix, and always bake from scratch so I used Betty Crocker's yellow cake recipe with coconut oil instead of butter and goat's milk instead of regular milk.  The cake turned out delicious but a little too dense again.  Not as bad as the last red bundt cake I made though.
Here it is before going in the oven.
I forgot to put the nuts in the bottom of the pan so I put them on top of the batter.  This is after baking and glazing.
And here it is out of the oven and glazed.  I'm so surprised that it came out of the pan since I used coconut oil and flour instead of butter for the first time.
And here you can see how dense it turned out with a little pecan crust on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment