Sorry the picture is pretty dark and awful. It's the best I could get out of Lety this morning.
26 weeks: Baby is the size of an English hothouse cucumberYour baby is as tall as an English hothouse cucumber and weighs about 1 2/3 pounds. (Length: 14 inches, head to heel.)
Size of baby: If the average fetus is 1.68 pounds then mine should be 2 now.
Total Weight Gain: +23.8 pounds that's 7 pounds in a month... eek! With Jorgito at 26 weeks I had gained 33.5 pounds so at least I'm not doing as bad this time around. And since I started 11 pounds heavier this time, I'm only 1 pound more than I was at this point last pregnancy :) And something I've never done during pregnancy... my waist measurement around the belly button is 40 inches! I hope to continue monitoring this for fun.
Gender: Boy - Joaquin Oliver - I decided on the middle name although still haven't discussed it with Jorge. So if I loose that battle the middle name will be different.
Movement: He moves a lot. But he doesn't kick hard thank goodness so it's difficult for other people to feel him moving. Sometimes after a meal he moves a lot and I've noticed lots of kicking at the top of my uterus which means he's head down. So that's a good thing although yesterday listening to music he was moving all over the place. Perhaps he was practicing his shuffle!
Sleep: I'm sleeping very well. Especially since Lety was here last night and I didn't have to wake up to put Tre's pacifier back in his mouth. When she's not here I'm up 1-3 times peeing and tending to Jorgito.
What I miss: weighing less and drinking wine
Cravings: none that I can think of - maybe sweets. I'm 1 week free of wheat but still managed to make gluten free frosted sugar cookies and fresh pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes.
Symptoms: weight gain and nothing else that I can complaing about or think of.
Best moment this week: when the doctor informed me that he's going to authorize one year of maternity leave disability! I was elated with the news. I was only hoping for 12 weeks beyond the given 6 so that I could combine leave with summer and return to school in September when Joaquin is 7 months. But it looks like I may be taking next fall semester off and well! This is big news because it means that I stay home with 75% pay - the only way I might be able to afford to.

No comments:
Post a Comment