Jorge mentioned he wanted candy apples so I thought I'd try to make them. It's been years since I attempted to make any type of candy and guess I forgot how to do it. I melted red hots in a pot and got it up to over 300 degrees.
Then when I went to dip the apples I was doing okay. But between each one I had to reheat the mixture because it would cool down and get too thick. Now after eating one of the apples and seeing how thick the coating is I know I should have just added more water. But when I was letting one of the apples drip excess coating, the coating dripped on my arm and instantly blistered and burst. I never even saw the blisters. By the time I looked at my skin a few layers had already fallen off.

The apples were not worth the burn so I will not be making candy apples any time soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment