Monday, October 10, 2011

Apple Butter

Friday night I made apple butter http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/all-day-apple-butter/detail.aspx but since I wasn't sure about how it would come out I made a half recipe.  It didn't occur to me that making half may require less time.  So I left it on high from 8-9 pm then low from 9pm to 7am.  This was too long.  In the morning it was black!  And it didn't need the extra hour to evaporate more liquid, it was overdone.  But still delicious.
 I forgot to pull out the sugar for the picture but yes, there was lots of sugar involved.  I used 1.5 cups and the recipe called for 2.  Next time I will use the full amount.
And the final product, dark apple butter.
I'd like to make more but I'm out of apples.  Till next year, unless I can convince Jorge that we need to go again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment