Monday Jocelyn and Elisabeth came over to decorate cookies. I had eaten a couple on Sunday night and woke up with horrible allergies Monday. I decided, that's it, no more wheat for me. It is so difficult to stay off when Jorge brings home donuts for breakfast and the weekend but I really have to start saying "NO." So Monday night I made gluten free sugar cookies and they came out surprisingly edible.
Tuesday I met Val at the pumpkin patch. Olivia and Tre had a great time running around in the straw, through the corn maze, sorting pumpkins and feeding the goats leaves.


And in case you were wondering, yes this is the same pumpkin patch we went to last year and hope to go to every year. http://jjjsjourneys.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-patch.html
Last night I also cooked a pumpkin for my first time. I'm so proud. It was much easier than I expected and produced so much puree. I'm looking forward to some yummy GF treats in the next few weeks.
I seriously can't believe it's Wednesday already! I haven't done anything fun after school or seen friends since school started and I'm loving it and wishing we had all gotten together sooner. Of course this is all thanks to Lety. If I didn't have her taking care of the house I'd have to stay home in the afternoon and do those things myself.








No comments:
Post a Comment