I have been wanting to go pick fresh apples for years and years. I finally said this is it, I'm going. Jorge was reluctant because of the drive but of course once we were in Julian he was happy we went. First we went to Peaceful Orchard and the family who ran it were very, very nice. We enjoyed the jonagold apples the most but also brought home some jonathons, granny smiths and a few golden delicious. Jorgito ate 3 apples while we were there and Jorge and I each had a couple too.
I checked the weather last night and it said it would be 72 so we all wore jeans, socks and shoes but ended up roasting the entire day because it was 82 and went up!
Then we went to O'Dells' Organic Orchard where we picked a bag full of pears. Jorge was amazed at how huge they were. They had lots of goats and a few horses to visit as well.
We were really lucky all of the trees were FULL with tons to pick and probably will be for a few more weeks. I'm so glad we went and we will be going every year for sure hopefully on cooler days.










No comments:
Post a Comment