Tuesday, January 17, 2012

38 Weeks

38 weeks

My sister took some BEAUTIFUL pictures of my little family this weekend and since I love so many of them I can't choose.













Pregnancy Highlights:

Size of baby:

38 weeks: Baby is as long as a leekYour baby, now as long as a leek, weighs nearly 7 pounds. (Length: more than 19 1/2 inches, head to heel.)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 41 pounds - yikes!
Movement: He has run out of room to move freely and easily.  Any movements he makes are very noticeable and feel like a personal little earthquake that moves my whole body.  He's quite a strong little guy.

Sleep: Sleep is bad.  I wake up every 2 hours lately to pee or roll over or whatever.  It's awful.  I know pretty soon I'll be waking up often to change diapers and nurse but I'd rather be doing that already than have nothing to do when I wake up in the middle of the night.

What I miss: Opening bottles of wine.  I opened a bottle of wine today for somebody else and realized, wow it's been 9 months since I did this! 

Cravings: lots and lots of sweets and luckily the midwives still say he's under 8 pounds although I really don't believe them!

Symptoms: awful round ligament pain when I roll over at night, bad sleep, frequent urination, continued weight gain.  Although today was finally the last day of wheat.  I've been eating it daily for almost 2 months and my body finally said it's enough with way too much hacking up this morning.  So I'm glad I finally have to listen and no more wheat for me.

Best moment of this week: Jorge and I went to the movies on Sunday morning and Joaquin was moving like crazy for almost the entire movie.  I wasn't eating junk and don't recall what I had before I went so I'm not sure why he was moving so much.  But for the first time I put Jorge's hand on him and he finally got to feel how active and how strong his son is.  Until then every time Jorge touched him he would stop moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment