Monday, January 30, 2012

40 Weeks Pregnant

I know I haven't posted in a while so whoever my readers are may think that I'm busy with a newborn but no, that is not the case.  I am very much still pregnant.  I never thought that I would make it this far since I didn't last time.  Nobody thought I would but I did so only Joaquin knows when he will come out.

Pregnancy Highlights:


Size of baby:
40 weeks: Baby is the size of a small pumpkin


Your baby is probably around the size of a small pumpkin. The average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and is about 20 inches long.
The midwives expect mine to be about 9 pounds.  I'm so anxious to see!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 45 pounds Well at least that's better than the 58 pounds I gained with Jorgito.

Movement: He has run out of room to move.  He moves throughout the day but they are very small movements.

Sleep:  I sleep for maybe 3 hour stretches and am usually up from 3-4 am lately.  But then I go back to sleep and Jorgito crawls in bed around 6 in the morning and we stay asleep cuddling till 8am often.  I'm not sure how it's going to work, me with a 2 year old and newborn nursing in the same bed but it will all work out.
What I miss: Hefeweizen and my old body. 

Cravings: Hefeweizen I'm majorly, majorly craving a Hefeweizen and garlic fries from Gordon Biersch.  That was going to be our first post baby date but I'm pretty sure the boys are going to have to come with us.  I'm not going to wait that long to satisfy this craving!  I've even thought of going pregnant and having one anyways.


Symptoms: awful round ligament pain when I roll over at night, bad sleep, frequent urination, a little bit of sciatica has returned.  I'm back on wheat, and only lasted about 2 days off of it this time but I'm not coughing so I can handle the black circles under my eyes.

What I've tried: I've tried everything to get labor started.  I've eaten spicy chilaquiles for breakfast, dozens of jump start your labor cookies, a whole pineapple in one sitting, 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea daily, evening primrose oil, pumping 3 times for 30 minutes each, super spicy enchiladas to the point where I don't have a single chile left in this house!  I've walked 2.5 miles twice.  And nothing has worked, this baby just isn't ready.
Best moment of this week:  My sister casting my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment