Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peas and Rice

Jorge taught the dogs to lay down.  He's tried this before and it works but without doing it consistently they quickly forget the command.  It was nice that all 4 of my boys were hanging out. 
We were given a baby robe at our baby shower and never used it.  Jorge finally decided to put it on him since he does most of the bathing.  So there he is with his mini robe! 
And to food...
Tre loves his food.  I usually only give him one ice cube which is less than an ounce probably 3/4 of an ounce of food at a time.  He had peas for the first time last Thursday and LOVES them.  Either they're his favorite or he's just more excited about food now.  It was the first food that he cried for more with.  But instead of giving him more we distracted him with toys.  Well he's been eating his peas so quickly that I decided to make some homemade rice cereal.  I bought the Earth's Best but it is iron fortified and I read on kellymom that iron fortified foods interupt the natural absorption of iron from breastmilk so decided to stop giving him boxed cereal (I only gave him a few times) and make my own from the tutorial on wholesomebabyfood with a coffee grinder borrowed from my mom.
 
It was very easy to make, cooked up just like cream of wheat in the box which I used to eat for breakfast, only it's cream of brown rice with no added ingredients. And I froze the extra using the ice cube tray method that I use for everything else.
 He ate all of his peas and probably would have eaten all of the rice you see in the picture but I only let him eat about half.  So it's more than I have been giving him but not too much that it will affect my milk supply.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, that is a great site! I have it bookmarked, too :) I am going to make Olivia homemade oatmeal, she loves oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete