Monday, May 3, 2010

The weekend

So I'm part of a "mom's group" which I joined when I was pregnant and looking for other first time pregnant ladies which I didn't really find.  I went to a few things but really it's just a bombardment of emails in my inbox.  Maybe I should just go change my settings so I don't get so much email.  Anyhow I was sitting in the rocking chair going through the messages and found an interesting one... any bank of America card holder could get into the Birch Aquarium for free on Sunday May 2nd!  I never take advantage of the opportunities from the group even though there are so many great ones I should.  So I told Jorge and he said, let's go!  We had to be back home at 11:30 am for something else so it would be a short visit.  He called his parents since they had never been and we picked them up on the way.  It was nice for them to experience something new.  I hadn't been since I was 19 for an undergrad class.  Tre was loving looking at the fish.  He enjoys our fish tank at home so we knew he'd enjoy this.  After about 5 minutes, he was hungry so Jorge and his parents continued through the exhibit and I went and found a bench to nurse the baby.  Surprisingly he didn't pull the cover off and since I wore a larger top nothing was exposed.  Not even a speck of skin.  Once he was done we continued on our way.  It was SO much novelty for him after a half hour he fell asleep to store all of these new sights into his memory I think... or just because it was nap time!
And the rest of the weekend was spend knitting.  I continued Tre's Christmas stocking which I started Thursday I think.  I knit and knit and knit until I ran out of yarn... oops... I didn't order enough.  So that project is on hold until I order more yarn.
And then I decided to make a babero (bib).  I'd been wanting to knit him some solid colored bibs so that they don't clash with his outfits like the ones in the stores.  And they're not really for feedings but so soak up all of the slobber that comes with teething.  Even though he did have pears for the first time!  I gave him a very small amount both Saturday and Sunday and each bite made his face scrunch like they were sour or something but really they were sweet and he kept opening his mouth for more.  So here is my first bib!  Today at work I'm going to sew in the ends and a button.  I wanted it done for him to wear today but didn't quite make it in time.
And more about his clothes... I packed up all of the 6-9 months on Saturday and put him in 9-12 or 6-12.  Then Sunday afternoon I decided 12months was just too big so I put him back on the scale and it said 18.2lbs!  I don't think he lost 1.8lbs since last week so my scale doesn't work for babies.  But that's okay... based on how they fit, he's not ready for 12months which is a good thing since he's not even 6 yet!  I was just tired of his clothes but oh well they're still in good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment