As you know I'm a working mother. I'm also a nursing mother. And that makes me a pumping mother too.
When I went to Babies 'R Us to register back when I was 7 months pregnant I was going back and forth between a Medela Pump In Style Advanced and a Medela Freestyle breast pump. She convinced me that based on how much I would use it, I should get a Freestyle. So When Tre was about a month old I went ahead and bought one off ebay.
And this is what I use twice a day Monday through Friday to extract Tre's meals for the next day. I've always gotten just what he needed but a month ago decided to get more. Last Friday alone I got 8oz extra. And since Tre's eating 2 - 5oz bottles while I'm gone now, that's 18oz in one day. So, in the past 4 weeks I managed to freeze 72oz of milk!
I already had that much stored but it was from before I had to give up cow products and since if I gave it to my fragile man it would make him sick again, I donated it to a friend.
You may ask why if I'm nursing until Tre doesn't want to anymore do I pump and store that much milk. I do it because I can and I want other working moms to know that they can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment