And more on the milk supply... I have read stories of some women who pump 90oz a day. Michelle Duggar is pumping about 25oz a day for baby Josie. I only pump 11oz and Tre eats it all the next day when I'm at work. 11oz is decent for 2 pumping sessions but I know that I can make more milk so I tried. This week, Monday through Friday I ate a bowl of oatmeal
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Tre's first food & milk production
I want to introduce some fruits and vegetables into Tre's diet. The pediatrician said not to until 6 months especially since he's already sensitive to cow products; and my mom said not to so that my milk supply doesn't go down. But as a first time mom, I really want to; not because he needs it but because it's fun to watch him do new things. So I've given him tastes of pureed apples that I made a couple times. This video was taken last week, the last time he tried them.
And more on the milk supply... I have read stories of some women who pump 90oz a day. Michelle Duggar is pumping about 25oz a day for baby Josie. I only pump 11oz and Tre eats it all the next day when I'm at work. 11oz is decent for 2 pumping sessions but I know that I can make more milk so I tried. This week, Monday through Friday I ate a bowl of oatmeal
for breakfast, took a more milk plus pill
, drank 2 cups of milk maid tea
, and ate 6 lacation cookies at work. I made a total of 22oz extra in the freezer for emergencies or for Tre's girlfriend who likes our milk too. I didn't pump more frequently, stuck to my twice a day but instead of 15 minutes I stayed connected for 20 minutes. I am so proud of myself! Like Lety said "querer es poder." My goal for next week is 30oz.
And more on the milk supply... I have read stories of some women who pump 90oz a day. Michelle Duggar is pumping about 25oz a day for baby Josie. I only pump 11oz and Tre eats it all the next day when I'm at work. 11oz is decent for 2 pumping sessions but I know that I can make more milk so I tried. This week, Monday through Friday I ate a bowl of oatmeal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment