I started knitting again! The last time I knit was August and it's been too long. In this recent knitting kick, I start something and want to finish it imediately. It's so easy to knit when you use big needles and chunky yarn. This is my first attempt at a beer cozy. I found that I have so much leftover yarn. this pink and orange is from my wedding when I knit all 3 flower girl baskets. But I couldn't find the perfect pattern so I used this pattern for a wine cozy and attempted to make it a little smaller. As you can see here, I didn't make it narrow enough and I ran out of yarn to make it taller. Too bad it was a failed attempt. Now I have a little bowl, not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Then I started knitting Tre's Easter basket. I know I'm a little late for this year and a little early for next year but oh well. I wanted to do something useful and productive. So I ordered my yarn and it came in 2 days then got to work on Friday and by Sunday it was done. Here it is before felting. I used this pattern but knew I wanted it bigger so I doubled the width.
And here it is after felting. I ran out of yard so the handle is not doubled. And I made it deeper than the pattern said but only by 1/3 not double. So as you can see it looks like a hairy wide bowl. I need to trim the fuzz after it dries and I don't like the decrease. I think it was too rapid of a decrease or something to make it so bumpy on the bottom. Next up, Tre's Christmas stocking. 

No comments:
Post a Comment