Today I am thankful for my career. I am SO lucky to have the best of both worlds. I am a working mom but get so much time home with my baby also. We've been together all week and my baby has never been happier. He is smiling ALL of the time. He's also nursing quite frequently. But back to my post... I'm thankful for my career because there are so many benefits to it. Even though every year since I started California has been dealing with budget cuts and layoffs, I've been safe and it's worth the worry to stay in my field. I only work 184 days a year which means out of 8760 hours in the year, I spend 7288 with my baby. Many people out there, mostly stay at home moms, say some pretty awful things about working moms. Like they shouldn't even have kids since they're not raising them and there's nothing better or more important in the world than staying home with your kids, and financial necessity is not an excuse for mothers working. Even though I work full time, I only miss 17% of my son's life and while it's a lot, it's really not that much.
So I'm thankful that my career gives my family good medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a decent salary and retirement while still allowing me to raise my son 83% of his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment