Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wish List Wednesday


I LOVE nursing in public.  I think it is important for all nursing mothers to be proud of their decisions and to not hide from the public.  So if it were up to me, I'd nurse anywhere anytime without covering myself.  But, my husband has other ideas.  He doesn't care if women see me but is adamant about covering up when other men are in the room.  So much so that he puts the blanket over my shoulder and when Tre pulls it down, he puts it back up and tries to keep it up.  It's just a fun game to Tre.  He loves it; he gets to eat and play at the same time.  I've seen advertisements for these nursingwear stores but haven't forked over the money yet.  I would really like some new clothes for summer though since I'll be nursing Tre a lot and out and about in this beautiful city. 

This sundress would be lovely.
Or this one.

I love red tops and am not sure what happened to my old ones but I have none in my closet. 
Jorge loves purple.
I've also been wanting one of these shirts.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. There is nothing shameful that needs to be covered when nursing. It is a beautiful and natural thing! I think that the shift in society's views of public nursing need to change and the change has to begin with nursing mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Jorge doesn't want other men to see your breasts, would you be happy if he wanted you to flash other men? I know that you are feeding your child but what about modesty, does that go out the door just because your breast are now for food? People will give you the whole bikini example, but is that right as well? It is like running around in your underwear and bra. Our society has become so immodest that nothing is taboo anymore.
    I have noticed in my 8 years of nursing that the new moms who don't have that much support take on this "I can nurse wherever I want and the public better deal with it because it is my right attitude" Yes, it is your right to nurse anywhere but you need to have common sense. Nursing covers are the best because you can have modesty without smothering your baby.
    I breastfeed in church every Sunday with my cover. Am I hurting the breastfeeding agenda by covering up? The cover helps Catherine have a little quiet time and privacy and she likes it. My point is you CAN nurse your baby anywhere and nobody will feel uncomfortable, including your baby who will feel nice and cozy and secure behind a cover. I love looking down at my baby knowing that this is special time that we are sharing and it is not for anybody else.

    ReplyDelete