Today was the breaking point with my least favorite student of the year. Wednesday he spend the whole period talking about how he gets high at school before going to one of the other teacher's class because "she's a bitch" and how he got high before coming to my class "that was so much fun" and how he was "so high when he went to see Alice in Wonderland." Then on Thursday he as usual just couldn't stay in his seat or do anything so I wrote up a referral and had my paraeducator escort him to the vice principal. On their way out he invited her to "go out back" referring to smoking weed. We're talking about a 58 year old little Filipino lady. I emailed the VP this and didn't hear back. The next day he's back in class. As I'm walking around the class I smell what smells like a fart and I have a student who bothers all of the other students with his stinky farts. So I asked him "did you fart?" I was going to tell him to please just walk outside next time. He replied "no" to which the least favorite student comments "no I think that came out of your fat ass" which was directed to me. It was the end of class so the paraeducator was already gone for the day. I emailed the VP and informed him that I needed this student permanently removed from my class. I finally get a reply "At this time he is not going to be removed from your class. I have been in contact with his mom about his on-going behavior. You should contact her as well and let her know your concerns. I understand your frustration with him."
What the fuck?!!!!!! How does a student call his teacher a fat ass in front of all of the other students and get away with it?!!!!! Now all of the other students are going to think this behavior is okay.
I've been in contact and the mom doesn't care about him. He wants to be home schooled but she's too busy going to school since she didn't do it before having kids. She doesn't have time for him or want to deal with him. Neither do any of his teachers. I've spoken with all of them.
So this is why my son is not going to school. Teenagers in this hood don't have any respect for authority. They don't know how to speak to women or how to treat them. And their parents don't care about them. I want my son to be surrounded by love and friends whose parents love them and care about them rather than neglect them. I want him to know respect and the importance of respecting everybody regardless of where they come from, their size, shape, color or the views.
No comments:
Post a Comment