Just down the street from us is a pond with lots of ducks. As a little girl my parents took me there to feed the ducks our old stale bread. So you'd think I'd bring Jorgito there to feed the ducks too. I can't believe he's already over two years old and we finally made our first trip. The thing is I bought some bread at Sprouts because I ran out of our normal sandwich bread and that's where I was going. But the bread was AWFUL and we couldn't eat it. So we had almost a whole loaf to feed them. He had a blast watching all the ducks and picking which one he wanted the bread to go to.
Then we walked over to the library for a storytime with the firefighters. But as soon as they parked they got a call. So they didn't get to come in and read the story but we did get to see them change into their firefighting gear and drive off with their lights flashing and sirens going.
Before they got the call we were walking up and on of the firefighters asked Jorgito what his name was and he said "agua." I guess we need to work on learning his name! I may have avoided it for so long because he has so many names but I think at his age he should have been able to answer correctly. So the firefighter said yeah they have water and opened up their hose attachment and water sprayed all over the sidewalk. It was a nice little treat. Jorgito talked about the fire truck all afternoon and attempted to explain everything to Daddy when he got home from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment