Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 31st Birthday Jorge!

We had a nice, calm celebration just the 4 of us.
It started off with gifting Jorge a new wife!  I got a perm.  I always wanted to try one and finally went for it.  When it was wet it looked nice but you can see here that it's curly on the sides but pretty flat on the bottom.  We'll see what it looks like after I get to wash it.  Hopefully it turns out okay.  Lots of new moms chop their hair off soon after having a baby and I did not want to make that mistake but still I was ready for some change.

 I made Jorge's favorite lemon meringue pie which I skipped last year so it's been two years since he had it.  I love how the boys are looking at each other in this picture.
 Jorgito gave Jorge a t-shirt that I made to be a road map and a footprint tractor card.  Joaquin gave Daddy an oyster knife and money to buy oysters along with a piggy footprint card. 
 And I gave Jorge 4 prepared dates.  We haven't gone out just the two of us in a long time.  We had been going to the movies a lot right before Jorgito was born but it doesn't really count because we just sit there for two hours instead of doing something to reconnect.  I got the idea of course from Pinterest but I couldn't do the full 10 months to finish out the year.  Maybe I can prepare 6 more for our anniversary in June.  We'll see.  I'll share the dates as we complete them.


No comments:

Post a Comment