God has given me so many wonderful things to be thankful for. I could easily and quickly write a list which would be probably 10,000 lines long but instead I think these new weekly "Thankful Thursday" posts should have more thought and detail in them.
So as I was thinking today of how to write this, I decided on Leti.
I am SO thankful for Leti. I don't think that I show her enough how thankful I am for her. She has been in my life since I was 14 years old. She has attended all of our special occasions... she's been with my family for our birthdays, our Wedding and seen us through all of the marriages, graduations, pregnancies and other milestones in our lives. When I asked her tonight to pose next to her chile rellenos, she said "no, no, no" and if you know her you'd know how cute she is when she says that. She decorated the plate so carefully when I asked her to leave it on the counter for me to take a quick picture for my blog. She is so proud of the things that she does and wants to make everything perfect.
She is so talented in all that she does...
She's an amazing seamstress and can sew anything imaginable... she does lots of dresses, costumes, household decorative items, etc.
She's an amazing mother and raised her 3 children to be so caring and loving.
She's an amazing grandmother to her 7 adorable grandchildren all born since we've known her.
She's a wonderful nanny who cares so much for the little ones she's responsible for.
She's an amazing cleaner and goes above and beyond what anybody could expect paying so much attention to detail in all that she does.
And I wish I could put a picture of her here but I don't have any digital ones. I think I have some in my wedding folder that I'm going to look through so all of my readers can put a face to this wonderful person.
I am so glad and thankful to have Leti in my life and as such an important person in my son's life.
Note for my working mom readers... there is no way on earth that I could be a successful working mom without her. I still get my 9 hours of sleep a night thanks to her doing laundry and dishes so I don't have to stay up and do those chores.
That was beautiful Jess! I love Leti too, I wouldn't know how to sew if she hadn't taken the time to patiently teach me how to.
ReplyDeleteI loved this and I will do something like it on my blog next Thursday!
Great post! You should translate it for Leti so she can read it :)
ReplyDeleteI had a Leti, too and she called my mom the other day and said that she will quit her job to care for Olivia when I need her to someday. She promised me that when I was like 5 and she remembered! Mine is named Imelda though.