She taught me that all you need to cook is to know how to read a recipe. I know a lot of people who say "I can't cook" yet they know how to read. All you need is to know how to read and now that we have the internet and wonderful recipe sites, the options are limitless.
She teaches me to put things in perspective. When something seems crazy and new to me, she reminds me that for others it's nothing new.
She uses her experience of raising 4 children and grandmothering 6 grandchildren to care for my son. She gives him experiences I do not like teaching him to touch plants, and fruits and enjoy the fresh air in the garden since she has a garden and I do not yet.
She taught me that home birth is better, that breastfeeding is the only option, to research and read up on things I'm interested in and to always continue learning.
Thank you mom for being you and making me.
And because my favorite picture of her is on my other computer, here's my mom and dad.

We are lucky to have such great moms! So funny we both chose our moms for the same Thankful Thursday!!!
ReplyDeleteI was going to write about something else but throught I will do people and things alternately.
ReplyDeleteHearing about your mom's births were what planted the seed in my mind about homebirth! I have only met her a few times, and I'm sure she has no idea what an impact that had on me. After Natalie talked about that I became obsessed and researched all about it and for a while wanted to be a midwife. I'm thankful to have been introduced to the topic by your mom!
ReplyDelete